My mind and actions in viewable format.
Posts tagged gardening
“Everyone must leave something behind when he dies, my grandfather said. A child or a book or a painting or a house or a wall built or a pair of shoes made. Or a garden planted. Something your hand touched some way so your soul has somewhere to go when you die, and when people look at that tree or that flower you planted, you’re there.
It doesn’t matter what you do, he said, so long as you change something from the way it was before you touched it into something that’s like you after you take your hands away. The difference between the man who just cuts lawns and a real gardener is in the touching, he said. The lawn-cutter might just as well not have been there at all; the gardener will be there a lifetime.” Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451; 1953
Up at 530 today.
My camera is not charged, or I would be bombarding tumblr with my activities today.
- Made doughnuts. Prepped enough to freeze dough for future doughnuts.
- Got the kids to rake the yard (no really, they did).
- Ran 2 miles while the kiddos rode their bikes. I am faster than them.
- Picked the last of the tomatoes (4 quarts!)
- Weed wacked the neighbors yard in trade for all of her crab apples.
- Cut up the apples, boiled, and made crab apple sauce (10 jars!) and gave one back to the neighbor.
- Pumped up the neighborhood kids bike tires (because jeebus, who doesn’t pump up their own kids tires???)
- Prepped dinner
- Got my kids to bed.
- Opened up a bottle of 4 year old blueberry wine that has gone to brandy to celebrate.
And it’s only Saturday night. O_O What am I gonna do tomorrow???